We recommend occasionally deep cleaning your Spärkel System if you sparkle drinks with juices or other sugars and/or you notice residue from your beverages in the carbonation chamber or residue drawer and/or if your top latch is sticking.
To learn how to regularly maintain your Spärkel System and clean Spärkel Bottles, click here.
Use a soft cloth, water and the ingredients listed below when deep cleaning. Never use strong detergents or cleansers with abrasive substances.
- Open the top lid. If the top lid lever or latch is sticky or hard to open, lift the lever and pour a teaspoon of warm water under it (see top lid diagram 1). Repeat one to two times until any residue is dissolved.
- Ensure the front drawer is empty and in place.
- Using a container with a spout, pour 1 ¼ cups of distilled white vinegar or lemon juice directly into the carbonation chamber and quickly close the lid to create a seal. Be careful not to get any liquid outside of the top funnel hole. Let sit for a few hours or overnight.
- After sitting for a few hours or overnight, lift the lever and open the top lid to let the vinegar or lemon drain into the front drawer. Empty front drawer and return to the system.
- Optional: Use warm water and a brush* to clean the inside of the carbonation chamber.
- Rinse the carbonation chamber by using a container with a spout to slowly pour about 2 cups of warm water directly into the carbonation chamber. Be careful not to get any liquid outside of the top funnel hole. Let water drain into the front drawer then empty.
- Remove front drawer, rear reservoir and top lid stopper. Hand wash in warm, soapy water.
- Next, clean the bottom interior drip tray by pouring about 2 tbsp of warm water on the bottle holder. It will fall into the interior drip tray. Place a kitchen towel under the system and gently tip the appliance forward. The water will pour out of the appliance, where it can be wiped up.
- Return the front drawer, back reservoir and top lid stopper to the system.
- With a warm, damp cloth:
- Open the top lid and wipe the entire area including the lever, latch, stopper and top funnel. Close top latch when done.
- Gently lower the handle and wipe the top spigot.
- While the front drawer is removed, wipe the drawer holding area to remove any carbonator residue that may have accumulated.
- Wipe the bottle base and bottom spigot.
- Finish by wiping down the exterior of your Spärkel system including the buttons and handle.
*We recommend using a toothbrush, soft bristle or sponge brush that will not scratch or lose any bristles in the cleaning process.
**Vinegar smell will dissipate when dry. Make sure to rinse the carbonation chamber after soaking with vinegar.
Beverage System Appliance Parts:
(1) Start button, (2) Carbonation level buttons, (3) Handle, (4) Top spigot, (5) Front drawer, (6) Bottle base, (7) Bottle, (8) Bottom spigot, (9) Carbonators, (10) Rear reservoir, (11) Top lid
Beverage System Appliance Top Parts:
(1) Top lid, (2) Top lid lever, (3) Top lid latch, (4) Top stopper, (5) Top funnel & funnel hole to carbonation chamber