If your appliance is not carbonating properly, please click the option below that describes the problem:
1. There are no bubbles going into the bottle after pressing Start
If your Spärkel seems to have started (lights are flashing and you hear the motor/pump) but no bubbles appeared in the bottle or bubbles appeared then stopped early in the cycle, you may be experiencing a "stall". Here is how to fix it.
a) Stop the cycle
Lift the handle (do not lift the top lid latch when the handle is down)
b) Release any pressure in the bottle by opening the top cap or pressing the valve in the center of the top cap:
Pressure in the bottle will prevent the cycle from starting.
c) Make sure there is a carbonator in the system.
Lift the top lid, you should see the white carbonator material when you look down into the carbonation chamber (look into the hole where you pour the carbonator). If you don't see the white material, pour in a new Carbonator (A&B).
d) Start the cycle on Level 2 (Level 2 is enough to give good carbonation and identify the issue.)
If your Spärkel is now operating properly but you used a number of carbonators to get things working properly please email: email@example.com to confirm your current mailing address and we will mail you another bag :)
If after two times getting the system working properly the bubbles again stop entering the bottle as the system pressurizes please contact customer service or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We apologize for the inconvenience and we'll get you sparkling as soon as possible.
2. The appliance will not start and the 5 lights flash when you push start.
To address this, press down on the top lid until you hear a 'click'. This should close the lid and you will hear a chime. You may now operate normally.
If you cannot shut the lid, look for carbonator residue on the top funnel or stopper. If residue is there, clean it with a wet cloth and try closing the lid again. To avoid residue, put the end of the carbonator sachet right in the funnel hole for a fast, clean pour - as seen below.
Please note: Do not lift top lid while the handle is down. Lift the handle first, then the top lid latch. If you try to force the top lid up when the handle is down the top lid may break. You also may force the top lid to open with a loud 'pop' as the pressure is released via the top lid. There is a latch in the top lid that is not released until the handle is up.
3. The bottle carbonation is weak, does not last long or has an unexpected taste.
You should experience excellent, customized carbonation from your Spärkel.
Carbonating water adds carbonic acid and bubbles which will accentuate and carry the taste of your tap water to your nose. If that taste is not desirable, we recommend using filtered water from a common refrigerator filter pitcher. If you add ingredients to infuse, your sparkling water will take on the flavor of the infused ingredient(s).
Poor or short duration carbonation can be due to an empty rear water reservoir, forgetting to use one carbonator (A+B) each cycle or a leak of CO2 gas from the system.
There are three potential CO2 gas leak locations.
1) Top Stopper & Top Funnel. If there is carbonator residue here, gas can escape reducing carbonation quality. Wipe the funnel and stopper clean with a damp cloth. To avoid residue, put the end of the carbonator sachet right in the funnel hole for a fast, clean pour - as seen below.
2. Top Bottle Cap, Seal & O-ring. If the top bottle cap is not fully closed, the gas will escape around the cap and the bottle contents will not be bubbly. Remove any loose ingredients such as seeds trapped in the o-ring to avoid gas escaping. If the top bottle cap is missing its inner seal, the gas will escape out the top bottle cap. If your top bottle cap is missing its seal, please contact customer service or email email@example.com, with the action step "New Part Request: Top Bottle Cap" and please supply your information including when and where the appliance was purchased and your current shipping information in the body of the message.
3) Top Spigot O-ring. If this o-ring is missing or damaged, gas will escape from this location. If your top top spigot is missing its o-ring, please contact customer service or email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the action step "New Part Request: Top Spigot O-ring". Please supply your information including when and where the appliance was purchased and your current shipping information in the body of the message.
Finally, if your system has a leak in any of the locations listed above, it is possible for the rear water reservoir to drain into the carbonation chamber, fill the carbonation chamber and then begin to fill your bottle. This is because the system did not pressurize and begin start to cycle CO2 gas - since the leak released the CO2 gas and the pressure.
If this happens you'll notice that the water level will completely fill your bottle. If this happens, along with fixing the leak, we recommend rinsing or washing the bottle to make sure that any possible taste from the carbonation chamber is removed from the bottle. Also be sure to open the top lid which allows the non-pressurized carbonation chamber to drain into the residue drawer. Once the leak is addressed this will not happen.
If none of these suggestions are getting you great bubbles out of your Sparkel, please contact customer service or email email@example.com and let us know - we want to help! We apologize for the inconvenience and we'll get you sparkling as soon as possible.