Your Spärkel is easy to maintain. Here are a few things you can do to keep it ready to bubble any beverage for you.
1) Fill the back water reservoir every 7-10 bottles you sparkle. You can see the water level from the side. When it gets low, fill it with room temperature tap water. This water is used to activate the carbonator inside the appliance. This water does not enter your beverage.
2) Empty the front residue drawer at least every 7 bottles you sparkle. You can see the residue level in the window from the front. The residue is water diluted sodium citrate, as you would find in an antacid. It is safe to handle and can be poured down your kitchen sink drain.
3) If you see drips from sparkled beverages in the lower area that holds the bottle, you can wipe that area down with a wet cloth anytime.
4) If you see carbonator material sitting on the top funnel or top stopper, take a damp cloth and wipe it off. This material can be dry crystals that are easy to wipe away or formerly wet, now dried up and stuck to the surface. If it is dried up and stuck, a damp cloth will quickly dissolve the material and it will then easily wipe away.
Beverage System Appliance Top Parts - in the image below:
(1) Top lid, (2) Top lid lever, (3) Top lid latch, (4) Top stopper, (5) Top funnel & funnel hole.